During this time of crisis, America’s courageous patriots in uniform still deserve our utmost respect and admiration for keeping us free and safe from the bad guys of this world.
They are fulfilling an undying and faithful commitment to ‘'duty, honor, country” for every American no matter how they look or what they believe.
Today, these military heroes are joining countless millions of other American heroes in the brutal war against an adversary we call “Coronavirus or COVID-19.
The list of these patriotic heroes is long and consists of American warriors from every walk of life. They include:
- Doctors, nurses, and other medical workers and support personnel,
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and pharmacies,
- Law enforcement and first responders,
- Truckers and warehouse stockers,
- Supermarkets and local grocery/convenience stores,
- Restaurants and fast food chains who are finding creative ways to feed us and provide some degree of normalcy in our lives,
- School systems for developing creative methods to teach our children,
- Volunteers who are courageously putting others above self,
- Corporations and small business who are “retooling” operations to make respirators, masks, and other personal protective equipment,
- City, county, state, and national government bodies,
- Broadcast and print media outlets, and
- The millions of Americans who are faithfully committing to “social distancing” to combat the spread of this insidious and deadly disease.
Got the picture? We are all in this battle together. Sadly, just like every other war: “Some are giving some while others are giving all.”
Let us continue together as “One Nation Under God” in faithful commitment to “duty, honor, country” in fighting this war against humanity.
I am confident we will defeat this brutal enemy and come out stronger with renewed respect for one another. I know we can do it; I have to believe; I can do no other.
God Bless America!
Robert W. Wilford
City of Alachua
- Font Size
- Reading Mode