- Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 15:25
- Written by Special to Alachua County Today
- Hits: 1661
Lake City – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is providing an update on road and bridge closures in Northeast Florida due to Tropical Storm Debby.
- SR 247 north and south of CR 240 is closed. North of CR 240 is totally impassable. South of County Road 240 (Market Road) is under water. Traffic detoured to SR 47 via US 27.
- US 441 at US 41 split in Lake City (in front of Columbia High School) is under water and impassable. Traffic detoured to US 41.
- Riverside Avenue (State Road 211) between Osceola and Stockton streets, northbound lane closed. Traffic detoured to Oak Street. Southbound traffic is open.
- US 301 at Bryceville about four miles north of Baldwin (US 90) is closed at Brandy Branch Bridge. Bridge washout. Tentative reopening in early July. Traffic is detoured to US 90 and County Roads 119 and 121 which is a 13-mile long detour.
- US 90, five miles west of US 129 in Live Oak is closed and totally impassable.
- US 129 just south of CR 252 is closed. Partial closure 2.5 miles south of McAlpin and south of Landfill Road.
If the road ahead is flooded, turn around and find an alternate route. Flooded roads may hide the fact that the roadway is washed out underneath and as little as six inches of rushing water can force your car off the road.
Once the water recedes, the area is susceptible to sinkholes. Please report any unusual dips in the roadway or holes opening up on the roadside shoulders to the FDOT at 800-749-2967 or to local law enforcement.